With the mission of creating homes and communities that are strong, safe, sustainable, and accessible to all, CPS Zanzibar has aspirational and successful real estate projects, such as Fumba Town and The Soul. CPS Sales Limited is one of the Sister Companies to CPS Zanzibar, whose core function is to exclusively sell developed house units for the projects Fumba Town, The Soul and other projects.
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for performing a variety of financial (such as recording financial income and expenses transactions, producing reports, petty cash handling) and administrative duties (such as office rental, staff movements, office acquisitions) and will report to the Head of Operations who resides in the Head Office in Zanzibar. He/ She will maintain accurate records and is required to remain compliant with all laws and company policies at all times.
1. Finance accountabilities
- Prepare and post receipts, deposits, purchase orders, invoices, refunds, and other standard bookkeeping tasks
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Review and process reimbursements
- Prepare, track, and reconcile ledgers and budgets
- Prepare and submit payroll
- Create financial and inventory reports
- Prepare and file company tax documents
- Identify and correct miscalculations and financial discrepancies
- Run and update databases
- Develop and streamline operational efficiencies
- Contact delinquent accounts
- Stay current with all regulations, requirements, and laws
2. Administrative accountabilities
- Front desk customer service, including answering phones and greeting guests
- Keep a tidy and appropriate reception area
- Manage schedules for appointments and deadlines
- Take clear messages and communicate effectively with customers, clients, team members, and management
- Develop and maintain administrative processes
- Keep an organized file system
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Proven work experience of at least one (1) year as a Finance and Administration Officer or a similar role.
- Practical experience with accounting software (such as QuickBooks, Tally and ERPs), spreadsheets tools (such as MS Excel, Google Sheets) and document tools such as Google Docs and MS Word.
- Experience in Real Estate Projects, Landscaping or related fields
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Word software. Knowledge of G Suite preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- A solid understanding of bookkeeping procedures including crediting and debiting appropriate accounts, posting entries to ledger accounts, and reconciling accounts
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in a team environment and with upper management
- High level of critical thinking and logical analysis
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Able to work well under pressure and meet all deadlines
- Always keeps the highest standards of compliance and confidentiality