TOC is a company set up to handle and manage the town and property affairs in Fumba Town, an urban development project by CPS Zanzibar, while channeling and facilitating vital services that are aimed at keeping the town with all its properties and surroundings sustainable for everyone’s convenience and comfort.
The Managing Director will be responsible for the business's overall success through leading operations, people and ventures; the Managing Director is also expected to be the strategist and leader who can steer the company in the most profitable direction while implementing its vision, mission and long-term goals.
- Proper execution of all tasks resulting from contracts with the Owners Association (OA), property management contracts, rental contracts or additional contracts.
- Supervise a team of employees, such as property managers, caretakers, cleaning staff or other service providers who provide services for the properties and units assigned to the company.
- Handling complete and compliant bookkeeping and accounting of the properties.
- Accountable for compliance of the company in regard to authorities and the company's internal policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement operational policies and a strategic plan, and oversee short and long-term strategy execution.
- Direct and initiate the budget process (creation, execution, reporting)
- Design and improve workflows and processes
- Build the team and governance of the company through the process of growth
- Provide innovative and effective solutions for community and property management
- Assess the company's principal risks, problems and opportunities and ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed.
- Report to the executive board of directors; work with them to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Build solid and resilient alliances, partnering with relevant organizations, stakeholders and partner companies
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Be the primary spokesperson for the company.
- Develop and execute the company’s culture and overall company vision.
- Create an environment that promotes excellent performance and positive morale.
- Key Accountabilities Owners’ Association Management
- Supervise communication with owners
- Supervise community funds (operational and trust funds)
- Being the sparring partner for the Chair of Owners Associations
- Being the sparring partner for the Town Manager of large-scale projects
- Initiate business plan process for each business year
- Supervise the creation of the annual statement of the OA
- Review house and usage regulations that are planned to be implemented.
- Be the highest escalation level for discrepancies between owners.
- Prepare and lead meetings of the homeowner association.
- Direct compliant and transparent handling of keys and ID cards
- Maintain OA by-laws
- Key Accountabilities Town Property Management
- Where necessary, be the highest escalation level for discrepancies between tenants/ owners.
- Ensure compliant handling of rent collection and forwarding, security deposits and other payments.
- Direct compliant and transparent handling of keys for rental units.
- Provide innovative and effective solutions regarding rental tasks according to contract. (Find tenants, viewings, draft contracts, handing over, introduction, accepting of units, implementing checklists for the type of move-in)
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's Degree and at least ten years of professional experience in real estate management, real estate-related businesses, or related fields.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- An educational background in the hospitality industry is an added advantage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analytical skills: Ability to read, analyse, and interpret real-estate regarded journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from owners, tenants or business community members. Ability to effectively present information to high level groups and clients.
- Negotiation skills: Ability to negotiate with suppliers, service partners and contractors.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate in English fluently in speaking and writing. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
The ability to communicate in English is an added advantage.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as variance analytics, business plans, budgets, balance sheets, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Computer skills: Skilled in Spreadsheet tools, Word, and Bookkeeping software. Knowledge of G Suite preferred.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Highly developed team leadership skills
- Highly developed business skills
- Highly developed conflict management/ customer care skills
- Coordination skills and well-developed time management skills
- Precise, orderly, goal-oriented working attitude
- Ability to define and solve problems.
- Reliable, honest personality.
- Friendly and well-groomed appearance.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events;
- Practices a positive and effective communication
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities;
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Leadership - leads a team in a positive, goal-oriented manner.